Google+ Shamil's blog: Manjakattu nagar – Most memorable experience of my life

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Manjakattu nagar – Most memorable experience of my life

I would like to share one incident which happened during my college days. I wont say it was sad,terrible or funny experience now. Just read through the blog to find it out. You will be wondering why I named it Manjakattu nagar because this incident took place in Manjakattu nagar which is on the outskirts of Madhavaram (Chennai) I studied in St. Peter's Engineerin college. One of the good (worst) practice was to have unit tests on every Saturday. We always used to study on Friday evenings and most of the time got away with pass or a reasonably good marks; there was also a practice of stealing the test note we write the test in, write down the answers and then place them back safely without the lecturers knowing (He he he).

Let me come back to the main story. The incident took place on one such Saturday. We wrote ourtest and were returning home from college when one of my friend Suresh (he is a great builder up of stories) invited us (all the guys from Perambur area) to a treat. He told that one of his friends had started a fast food shop and he wanted it to be publicised. So he invited the 6 of us to the treat. We all said that we will come in the evening to the fast food centre. We started our journey back in the train and reached our home.

In the evening Vasanth, Pakka (sorry original name is Pradeep), Suresh and Ashwin came to my home. We all headed towards a house of another friend of mine Rakesh whose house was nearer to the area where the fast food was located. (when SUresh was in my house he kept talking over the phone and repeatedly asked whether everything was ready or not). When we reached Rakesh's house he was not there but luckily we met him on the way towards the fast food. We all headed towards the fast food centre with one of Rakesh's friend also joining him.

So altogether 7 people were there. When we reached the halfway mark Suresh said that we will wait for sometime as things were not yet ready. So we waited for around 20-30 minutes. Then Suresh got a call and he said that everything was ready and we can start. So we started down the road and reached a point where there was a narrow stretch of road.

The road was very narrow and was covered on both sides by trees. It was night falling in the month of December. It was pitch dark and only the headlights of our bikes provided the lights and there was no sight of any human being. It was like going through a jungle for an adventure like in the Evil Dead movie

We were travelling in our bikes when suddenly Suresh's bike stopped. He said that his bike was not starting. We all stopped our bikes and went to look at what exactly was happening. It was pitch dark as all the headlights of the bikes were off. Suddenly two white figures appeared from a bush nearby and was slowly heading towards us. Vasanth saw that and said it was a cow

All of a sudden those creatures started screaming and came right towards us. We were all terrified as those creatures started throwing firesticks at us. They started to chase us. I will explain what happened to all 7 of us individually

Rajkumar (Rakesh's friend) – He was chased all over the place by those white creatures. He ran and ran and fell into a bush nearby (poor fellow his only fault was coming with us)

Suresh – He was jumping and running everywhere shouting "Pey pey".

Vasanth and Rakesh – By the time this was happening Vasanth took Pakka's TVS 50 while Rakesh took his bike and were standing at a safe distance from us

Myself and Ashwin – We didnt know what to do, so we stood our ground and watched as things around us were getting crazy

Pakka also was chased and he reached his TVS 50, got back in the back seat of the TVS 50 which Vasanth was driving. Mysealf and Ashwin were the last to leave with our bike. We thought we had escaped when the white creature suddenly gave a big slap on my back (Oops what a shot it was)

After all this the drama didnt stopped. We moved from the place and when we were riding on our bikes Pakka's TVS 50 got stuck in the mud and Pakka who was sitting at the back got down and started running towards Suresh's bike and got into it. It was a hilarious situation for us as Pakka was a body builder and he was stronger than all of us (atleast physically)

Then we all headed to Rajkumar's home where we discussed what had happened. Suresh was giving a lot of build up (as usual). But he was getting too interested in making us believe that it was a ghost and Rakesh who was also from the same area supported him saying that there were incidents like these happening over there. I was saying to everyone that there was no such thing like a ghost and it must have been something (or someone) else. Some of them got back the confidence and we all went home.

After an hour after I had reached my home, Vijay (one of my friends in the same area and who absconded from the treat) and Suresh came to my home. Vijay said that he heard that we were beaten by ghosts. I just told him I didnt believe it. He started laughing and took me outside my home where Ramkumar (one of the kedi number ones in my class) and Kannan (also one of my classmates and a nice friend) were standing there. Ram told that it was not ghosts, it was actually them who were there in the white dress.


He described the whole story. He told that they were wearing a veshti and were throwing computer sambraani (sorry dono the English word for it!) which appeared like flames to us. He also that there were 3 creatures Ram, Kannan and Vijay in white dress but unfortunately Vijay's veshti got stuck in his legs and he fell down there itself. So he couldnt come as a third creature. He asked me maintain the ghost story in the college and we reached an agreement.

I was laughing the whole night and it certainly was one of the most memorable experiences of mylife. The next week in colleg was full of ghost stories. Great time we had. Hope you enjoyed reading it too. Post your comments regarding my hilarious incident.

4 comments:

Nike shox said...

These are my thoughts exactly. I have been encouraged by the things you said in this. I can seriously say things look a lot better now.

Nike shox said...

Your words are so influential which really make an impact on the readers. Your composing comes from you soul just where it should be. I can’t wait to read more from you.

Unknown said...

Dude that was one heck of fun,I still share this to many of my friends.

Unknown said...

Yeah of course it was so much fun!! Will have a smile when I think about it :)